FAQ & Support
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is the delivery of television content over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. This is in contrast to delivery through traditional terrestrial, satellite, and cable television formats. Unlike downloaded media, IPTV offers the ability to stream the source media continuously.
One of the advantages of IPTV is its capability to get easily integrated with other IP-based services such as VOIP or high-speed internet. It uses the existing computer network. Hence, no use of cables and is hassle free. It distributes live or prerecorded TV and video/audio over the preexisting network.
Connecting your device to our Portal
- When the box is being loaded the main portal screen arrears. After that click on “settings”, press remote button “SETUP/SET”.
- Then enter the “System settings”.
- Click on “Servers”
- Press on “Portals”
- In the “Portal 1 name” line enter the following “portal 1”. In the “Portal 1 URL” enter the following address “irishmega.com”.
- When all the operations listed above done, then press “OK”.
- When the settings are being saved click “EXIT” on the remote control and press option “General”.
- In the “NTP server” line enter the following address “pool.ntp.org or us.pool.ntp.org”.
- Press “OK” to make the changes saved.
- When all the steps listed above are done press”EXIT” 3 times on the remote control. You’ll be offered the option to reboot the box. Choose option “OK” to make the changes applied.
- Wait until the box is loaded. Main portal screen should appear and your service will be ready to use once we receive payment and activate your account.
When the box is being loaded the main portal screen arrears. After that click on “settings”, press remote button “SETUP/SET”.
Then press on “System settings”
Press on “Portals”
In the “Portal 1 name” line enter the following “portal 1”. In the “Portal 1 URL” enter the following address “irishmega.com“
When all the operations listed above done, then press “OK”.
When the settings are being saved click “EXIT” on the remote control and press option “General”.
In the “NTP server” line enter the following address “pool.ntp.org or us.pool.ntp.org”.
When all the steps listed above are done press”EXIT” 3 times on the remote control.
You’ll be offered the option to reboot the box. Choose option “OK” to make the changes applied.
The device will reboot and then our portal will load
Page Loading Error
If you are receiving this message, it is usually due to no internet connection to the STB. Be sure to check the Ethernet cable between the router and the STB (On the page loading error screen it will say Ethernet Link: UP if all is ok and DOWN if the Ethernet is not connected to the modem, unplug this and plug back in. Also make sure that you are receiving internet access. Try a few pages and confirm the router is online.
Note: Portal address for is either irishmega.com or megatv.noip.us, either one is fine.
You need to make sure that the router has the LAN light lit on the front that corresponds to the Ethernet port on the back of the router that the STB is connected to. Also check the connection on the back of the STB itself, there should be 2 lights on the connection itself where the cable is plugged into the STB, one orange and one green. If the light on the router is not lit or both of the lights on the STB port are not lit there is a connection issue and we recommend that you change the Ethernet cable. If after changing the cable there are still problems. If you have checked this, then the next step is to unplug both the router and STB power cables. Once unplugged plug back in the router first, leave it for two minutes and power back on the STB.
If you’re STB connects with a Ethernet power line as it may be in another room to your router
Please check the light’s on the sockets. If this is not lit then the power line has lost its wireless connection to the router and you will need to reboot both the router and then the power line. Once the light is back on you will need to reboot the STB also. If the light is lit and the STB is still stuck on the loading screen, you need to make sure that the power line has the LAN light lit on the front. Also check the connection on the back of the STB itself, there should be 2 lights on the connection itself where the cable is plugged into the STB, one orange and one green. If the light on the router is not lit or both of the lights on the STB port are not lit there is a connection issue and we recommend that you change the Ethernet cable. If after changing the cable there are still problems, please contact Technical Support.
The Wi-Fi Dongle needs to be a dongle that is supported for the Mag 250 Box a list of these can be found on the follwing link Wi-Fi Dongles
Before starting this process make sure you have the following information.
Network ID/Name, Password/Pin/Clave
This information is normally on the bottom of the router.
If you do not know this information. You will need to contact your Internet
provider, who should be able to advise you.
Follow the instructions below. Step by Step.
- Connect the box as per connection instruction to the TV using either the supplied AV connector or an HDMI cable from the HDMi port on the box to an available port on the TV.
- Insert the WIFI Dongle into spare usb port either at the front or rear of the box.
- Connect the power to the Box.
- You should see loading screen’s on the TV,. If not you will need to select the input you have connected the box via to your TV on your TV remote control.
- You should after a short time see a screen saying PAGE LOADING ERROR.
- On the screen you should be able to see 4 coloured Spots.
- On your IPTV box remote press the Blue button.Next you should see NETWORK hilighted in Red.
If not use your up, down, left, right arrows until it is.PRESS OK.
- use your up, down, left, right arrows to highlight WIRELESS WIFI Press OK
- use your up, down, left, right arrows to highlight AUTO (DCHP) Press OK
- Use down arrow to highlight SCAN Press OK.You will see all the Wifi systems that are detectable by the Box.
Shown on screen..
- Use up/down arrows to select your router network Press OK.
- Use Down arrow to hilight Key or Passphrase box. PRESS KB button on remote, a virtual keyboard will show on screen. use your up, down, left, right arrows to select the letters and/or digits that make up your PIN/Clave. Press ok when you have the desired letter number highlighted.
- There is a Cap key to the left to change from upper to lower case. Passwords ARE case sensitive.
- When your full password id showing in the box. Press KB button to remove keyboard from screen.
- Press down arrow until Ok is highlighted in Red press OK. use your up, down, left, right arrows to highlight REBOOT.
Press OK press OK to say yes.
- The system will reboot it will come to the TV screen you are ready to view.
If you return to the original PAGE LOADING ERROR screen. With the coloured spots. You have either.
1. Selected the wrong WIFI network from the available network list. 2 You have inputed the wrong Password/Pin/Clave.
These are case sensitive O’s and Zeros can easily be misread.If the router has not had its original password and network info changed.This information is normally on the bottom of the router. If you persist to have problems you will need to contact your internet provider for the relevant information.
How To Use Catchup
Catch up is only on channels that have the Orange Clock Icon
1) Bring up the TV Guide
2) Go over the channel you wish to use Catch Up On, But Don’t Press OK !
3) You should see a box with a preview of what is on that channel (Live TV)
4) Press the Right Arrow on the Remote >
5) This is the TV Guide, you can go back up to 7-14 Days to watch past programs
6) You simple go back on the dates press ok on the date and use your arrow to move to the program and press OK
Buffering / Freezing Issues
Our servers are located globally to ensure we can deliver our content.
Sometimes Internet providers throttle streaming services on your connection, in which case you may experience some playback issues.
To resolve, please try the following.
- From Main Menu enter into ‘Settings’
- Scroll Down and enter into ‘Advanced Settings’
- Increase buffer size accordingly, we recommend trying various settings until your issue is fixed, normally 5 seconds is enough
- Save and go back to Live TV to see if problem is resolved
- If problem continues, repeat step 3 and increase buffer size
If you have tried the above steps and still experience the issue, please contact support
Auth Problem or Loading Bar Fail
If you get your STB and when switched on it gets stuck on the screen saying loading or you get an error message.
- Reboot Set top Box
- If this fails, please reboot both Set Top Box and your Router
If this fails and does not resolve the issue please speak to Customer Services via the online chat tab or complete the technical support from and inform us, this will then allow us to check your account and reload the system.
Once you have done this Support can then bind your subscription back to active.